Need a simple, easy to make breakfast recipe to power you through the day? Try this awesome spinach omelet and see how it works for you! Nothing like a great DIY recipe that is easy and delicious!
- 2 – Cups (handfuls) fresh spinach
- 3 – Large Eggs
- 2 – Tablespoon low fat or skim milk
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- As with all fresh vegetables, rinse the spinach. Wilt the wet spinach with a small amount olive oil in a medium skillet.
- Mix the eggs, milk, wilted spinach, and salt/pepper in a bowl, whisking thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a medium skillet and slowly bring to heat.Cook the omelet on a low-medium setting to slowly cook the inside of the omelet.
- When the middle of the omelet is firm, fold in half to achieve the classic omelet look.
- Continue to cook on a low-medium setting to seal the omelet the finish cooking the inside thoroughly (you may have to flip the entire thing to finish cooking).
- Experiment by adding onions, green peppers, mushrooms, or any of your favorite vegetables! Enjoy!
Want more? Step out of the dark ages and live your life on your own terms! Become a member of the DIY Nation – subscribe today! Join the DIY Nation and never look back!
Photo via Hannah Marie Photography